Grace: Love is the Bottom Line
Jay came into the public eye early, when his parents built and lost a Christian television network and entertainment complex. As a result, Jay dropped out of school and church, spending his teenage years rebelling against just about everything.
When he found his way to sobriety and back to faith, he founded a church called Revolution, which has branches in Phoenix, Atlanta, New York City, and Minneapolis. He’s written several books, his most recent is Faith, Doubt, and Other Lines I’ve Crossed: Walking with the Unknown God.
Five fast facts
- Lives with his wife and their cat in Minnesota
- Is a comic book aficionado, and he builds superhero dioramas
- Known to consume massive quantities of Diet Coke
- Won an award from GLAAD for his advocacy for gays and lesbians in the church
- The podcast of his sermons is heard by thousands every week