Gospels: Unexpected Good News
Nadia is the founding pastor of House for All Sinners and Saints, an innovative, urban Lutheran church in Denver. That church has received wide acclaim for its programs like curbside communion and distributing turkey dinners to people who have to work on Thanksgiving.
Her first book chronicled 24 hours of watching Christian television, and her second book, Pastrix: The Cranky, Beautiful Faith of a Sinner and Saint, tells of her transition from alcoholic stand-up comic to world-renowned Christian leader.
Five fast facts
- Lives with her two children and husband (also a Lutheran pastor) in Denver
- Can usually be found in the gym
- Has spoken to 35,000 people in the Superdome
- Collects belt buckles and loves tattoos
- Has a BA in religious studies from University of Colorado at Boulder and holds an MDiv from the Iliff School of Theology